When Rudyard Kipling wrote the poem If-- in 1909, he was addressing his 12-yearold son, John, who would die in battle a few short years later during World War I. The famous author's words soon inspired a nation, and the poem has twice been voted Great Britain's favorite. Italian illustrator Giovanni Manna melds the innocence of childhood with the encouraging sentiments expressed by Kipling's words in this tender portrayal of fatherly advice.
- Format: Hardback
- Publication Date: 01/04/2014
- Publisher: Creative Editions
- Illustrations: Illustrations, color
- Country of Origin: United States
- Dimensions (mm): 254x191x10mm
- Weight: 340g