1. These Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules apply to all Whitcoulls 2011 Ltd. (Whitcoulls, we, us) competitions. Whitcoulls 2011 Ltd. reserves the right to end any competition or amend the rules at any time.
2. When you enter into the promotion you accept these Conditions of Entry and Competition Rules. Whitcoulls reserves the right to exclude any person from the contest on the grounds of criminal record.
3.This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who: (i) are residents of New Zealand and (ii) are not employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any agencies associated with the Promotion; and (iii) are not a spouse, defacto partner, parent, child or close family member of an employee or agent; and (iv) are not otherwise professionally connected with the Promotion.
4. Multiple entries are acceptable (unless otherwise stated) but each must be made as a separate entry, and with a separate proof of purchase (if you must purchase to enter) where applicable. Entrants may not use any automated voting system.
5. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. If the prize includes international travel:. Where the winner is under 18 years of age they MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 18 or over. Proof of age and identity may be required.
7. If the prize includes international travel: The winner MUST have a valid passport and relevant visas. (For travel to or through United States only) It is the winner’s responsibility when travelling into or through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and fill in the required information.
8. Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified made by the winner, which incur additional costs, must be paid for by the prize winner.
9. All personal incidental costs, such as but not limited to, passport costs, travel insurance, departure taxes, airport transfers and all other personal expenditures will be at the winners expense.
10. Whitcoulls disclaims any responsibility for the inability to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, loss of mail, acts of God or otherwise.
11. Where prizes are provided by a third party, Whitcoulls is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of the prizes.
12. By participating, and accepting a prize, all winners grant Whitcoulls exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with promotion of this and other related contests and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
13. All personal details provided to participate in these promotions will be held by Whitcoulls for the purpose of this promotion and entries may be used by us for future promotional and marketing purposes, unless otherwise advised by entrants.
14. Whitcoulls reserves the right to refuse any prize to a person who is reasonably considered to have breached any of the competition terms, or gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
15. If a purchase is necessary to win, this will be made clear.
16. If entry to this competition is being made on-line (e.g.) via www.whitcoulls.co.nz, by completing an entry, in addition, the participant agrees to be bound by our website general Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event of conflict between these Competition Terms and Conditions and the website Standard Terms and Conditions of Use, the specific Competition Terms and Conditions will prevail.
17. Whitcoulls reserves the right to discontinue a promotion or competition at any stage.
18. The Promoter is Whitcoulls 2011 Ltd, Level 2, 29 Union Street, Auckland.
19. All prizes must be claimed within 60 days of winning.
20. We will do our best to notify the winners of time remaining – it is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
21. In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any claims to the prize, which can then be awarded to a runner-up at our discretion.
22. We may dispose of any unclaimed prize at the end of 60 days.
23. If the specified prize is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances we may substitute another prize of similar or equal value.
24. Whitcoulls is not responsible for misuse of a claimed prize or for the performance of goods or services provided by any third party.
25. The prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. Only the person who originally entered the promotion can be awarded the prize. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on another person’s behalf.
26. Unless otherwise stated winners will be picked at random. If there are various methods of entry (e.g.: enter online, in store via entry form or by swiping your Whitcoulls Rewards card) all entries will be collated, and winner(s) picked at random.
27. Winners will be contacted by phone or email. If we are unable to contact the winner (using contact details provided on the entry form) after trying several times over a 24 hour period, they may pick another winner. The only exception to this is if the prize is time critical, then Whitcoulls will make a reasonable attempt to contact winner before picking another winner.
28. If competition entry is automatic on swiping your Whitcoulls Rewards card, then the winners Rewards account contact details will be used to contact them. It is Whitcoulls Rewards members responsibility to ensure their Rewards account details are kept up to date. If we are unable to contact the winner, we will pick another winner.