As at Tuesday 6th June 2017, changes have been made to Term 7 of Whitcoulls Rewards Terms and Conditions - click here to read more
Whitcoulls Rewards is an exciting program where you earn points for every dollar you spend*. When you reach 100 points, we’ll give you a $5 Reward.
Whitcoulls Rewards Members also get access to exclusive Member only deals, competitions and bonus point offers. Plus sign up for our regular Whitcoulls Rewards emails to keep up to date on the latest releases, offers, competitions, and events.
* Rewards points are not earned on purchases of Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps and gift card purchases.
How do Whitcoulls Rewards points work?
For every $1 you spend you earn 1 point, except for purchases of Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps and gift card purchases.
For every 100 points accumulated you will receive a $5 Reward to spend in store. Points are stored on your Whitcoulls Rewards card and are added to your membership the day after you have reached 100 points and are valid for 6 months from the date they are earned. Points do not have any value until they are converted into Rewards, and cannot be exchanged for cash, gift cards or any Whitcoulls products.
Your Whitcoulls Rewards card must be physically presented in store to redeem your Rewards balance. The $5 Reward cannot currently be redeemed online but we’re looking forward to launching this soon.
How do I join Whitcoulls Rewards?
Joining is free and can be done in any Whitcoulls store or online. Join now
I already have a Whitcoulls Rewards Account but I haven’t had an account on the website before, what do I do?
If you have registered your email address against your Rewards account already, you can enter either your email or your Rewards Card number to sign in online. Both can be recognised by the website but you will need to create a password first. Click onto Sign In To Account box and then click on Forgot Your Password? Enter your email address or Rewards Card number, and we will send you an email with a link to create a password.
If you haven’t got an email address recorded against your Rewards account or you aren’t sure, please Contact Us so we can help you get sorted.
How do I enter the monthly Whitcoulls Rewards competition?
With Whitcoulls Rewards, you can win a $50 Whitcoulls Gift Card each month.
Every time you make a purchase at Whitcoulls and use your Whitcoulls Rewards card (either in store or online), you will get one entry. You will get a bonus extra entry for every $50 you spend in that transaction, i.e. $50 = 1 additional entry – a total of 2 entries, $150 = 3 additional entries – a total of 4 entries
I signed up online, can I still earn points even if I don't have a card?
You earn points immediately for valid website purchases once you have joined. Next time you are in store you can pick up a card, just let our Customer Service Assistant know that you have joined online so they can issue you with a card.
Where can I use my Whitcoulls Rewards card?
At any Whitcoulls store or at Whitcoulls web store on any transaction. You will receive Whitcoulls Rewards points for qualifying items and prize draw entries (where applicable) with every eligible purchase when you swipe your Whitcoulls Rewards card in store.
How will I know if I have a Reward?
Check your Rewards balance here - you will need to be signed in to your Account. In most cases it will also appear on your receipt when you make a purchase, and you can ask in store. Rewards are available to be redeemed the day after they are earned.
How do I redeem my $5 Reward?
Your Whitcoulls $5 Reward can be redeemed at any Whitcoulls Store. Your Whitcoulls Rewards card must be physically presented to redeem your Rewards balance. The $5 Reward cannot currently be redeemed online but we’re looking forward to launching this soon.
Rewards can only be redeemed in full $5 increments. Where the purchase price in a single transaction is less than the value of the Rewards you wish to redeem you will be unable to redeem your Rewards.
The $5 Rewards cannot be used for the purchase of Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps, gift cards and is not redeemable for cash.
How can I check my Rewards balance?
You can sign in and check your balance here to access Rewards points and balances, along with purchase history. While there you can also create a Wishlist, sign up to receive emails and update your details.
Your balance will also appear on your receipts.
When you reach 100 points on your Whitcoulls Rewards card you'll receive a $5 Reward - it happens automatically and they are stored on your card and you will be able to see this when checking your Rewards balance.
Which categories can I redeem Rewards for?
You can redeem your Rewards on most categories including Books, Stationery, Games, Toys, Puzzles, Art & Craft. You cannot redeem Rewards on Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps, gift cards.
Will I collect Whitcoulls Reward Points when I am redeeming a Whitcoulls $5 Reward?
You don't earn points on the $5 Reward, but you will earn Whitcoulls Rewards points on the portion of the transaction that isn't paid for by the $5 Reward.
Do I get discounts with my Whitcoulls Rewards card?
One of the benefits of Whitcoulls Rewards membership is special member only deals. We'll let you know of Whitcoulls Rewards Exclusive offers via email, in store and online.
What if I forget my card in store?
Team members can look you up using your phone number so you can earn points, however, for security reasons you will need to present your physical Whitcoulls Rewards card to redeem Rewards.
How do I change my details?
By either signing in and updating your details online, updating your details in store, or calling 0800 904 584.
How do I get emails/texts from Whitcoulls Rewards?
Sign in here to update your account details and make sure you tick the box so we have permission to send you emails and/or texts about exciting Whitcoulls Rewards news and events. You can update your preferences again at any time.
What if I lose my card?
You can order a replacement Whitcoulls Rewards card in store
Can I gift Points/Rewards?
Unfortunately points and Rewards can not be transferred to another membership.
Can I have multiple cards on the same membership (e.g. for my daughter or husband)?
No. You can have only one active card per membership. This is for your security as whoever has the card can spend any Rewards that are on it.
What do I do if I have two cards?
Call 0800 904 584 during business hours and we can assist with creating one membership for you. This cannot be completed in store or online sorry.
How do I cancel my Whitcoulls Rewards membership?
You can cancel it by calling 0800 904 584 during business hours.
View the Whitcoulls Rewards Terms & Conditions below.
Updated Tuesday 6 June 2017
As at Tuesday 6th June 2017, changes have been made to Term 7 of Whitcoulls Rewards Terms & Conditions. Points will expire 26 weeks after the date on which they were received if you have not collected sufficient Points to convert into Rewards. Unredeemed Rewards will expire 8 weeks after the date on which they were credited to your Card.
All Points and Rewards that were earned prior to Tuesday 6th June 2017 are not affected by the changes above, and will expire at 52 weeks after the date on which they were received if you have not collected sufficient Points to convert into Rewards. Unredeemed Rewards earned prior to Tuesday 6th June 2017 will expire 26 weeks after the date on which they were credited to your Card.
1. Completing an application for membership (‘Membership’) in the Whitcoulls Loyalty Programme (‘Loyalty Programme’) and/or receipt and use of a Whitcoulls Card (‘Card’) is deemed acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’), as amended by Whitcoulls from time to time.
2. Applications for Membership may be completed in store or by creating an account on the Whitcoulls website. Failure to provide any information designated as ‘mandatory’ will mean you will be ineligible for Membership. All information provided by you must be true and correct. You agree to keep your details up to date at all times by advising a staff member in store, or editing your account information on our website.
3. Applications may be made by any individual who is a resident in New Zealand. Only one Membership is permitted per individual. Whitcoulls reserves the right to accept or reject any application and shall not be required to provide any reason for such acceptance or rejection.
4. Whenever you purchase qualifying products from a Whitcoulls store or online at www.whitcoulls.co.nz (‘Website’) you will collect points (‘Points’) based on the amount spent. The amount of spend required per Point and the products on which Points can be earned may vary from time to time. The list of qualifying products and spend required is detailed in item 23. The amount of spend required per Point and the products on which Points can be earned may vary from time to time.
5. Points will be accumulated and stored on your Card. For every 100 Points accumulated you will receive $5 in rewards (‘Rewards’). Rewards will be credited directly to your Card the following day. Rewards are only credited to your Card in denominations of $5. Points and Rewards cannot be sold, and cannot be transferred to another person unless specifically permitted by Whitcoulls.
6. You should present your Card on all purchases of Whitcoulls products, even if you are not purchasing qualifying products. This is to enable Whitcoulls to provide you with full benefits from the Rewards Programme.
7. Points will expire 26 weeks after the date on which they were received if you have not collected sufficient Points to convert into Rewards. Unredeemed Rewards will expire 8 weeks after the date on which they were credited to your Card.
8. Points do not have any value until they are converted into Rewards, and cannot be redeemed for cash, gift cards or any Whitcoulls products. Rewards can only be redeemed in full $5 increments. To redeem your Rewards you must purchase Whitcoulls products in a category in which your rewards may be redeemed in a single transaction, the purchase price of which is greater than, or equal to the value of the Rewards you are redeeming. Where the purchase price in a single transaction is less than the value of the Rewards you wish to redeem you will be unable to redeem your Rewards. The categories in which Rewards may be redeemed may vary from time to time. The list of categories in which you can redeem Rewards is noted in item 23. Where the purchase price exceeds the value of Rewards on your Card, you must pay the difference. Rewards cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards. Rewards can only be redeemed at Whitcoulls retail stores and cannot be redeemed online.
9. When a reward is redeemed, points cannot be earned on the value of the rewards redeemed.
10. If, in accordance with Whitcoulls’ return/exchange policy, you return a product on which you have earned Points, the Points earned in that transaction will be deducted from your Points balance on your Card and any Rewards earned with those Points, will be cancelled.
11. The Card is not a debit or a credit card. All Whitcoulls Rewards Cards remain the property of Whitcoulls at all times and must be surrendered on demand.
12. In the event that your Card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to request a new Card in store . You can also place your request on the website when you are signed into your account. You must advise Whitcoulls as soon as you are aware your Card is lost, stolen or damaged. Whitcoulls does not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any resulting loss or theft of Points or Rewards.
13. You can collect Points in-store whether you have your Card with you or not, however you must identify yourself as a member before the transaction is completed. If you sign up online you earn points immediately on your website purchases. Members can only redeem Rewards in-store by presenting their Card at the time of payment. Your Card may only be used for transactions made by you personally. Whitcoulls reserves the right to require identification when collecting Points, redeeming Rewards, or otherwise using your Card.
14. These Terms, including (without limitation) how Points and Rewards may be accumulated and/or redeemed and on which products and/or product categories, may be amended by Whitcoulls at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Whitcoulls may add or remove products and/or product categories eligible for the collection of Points and Rewards, offer bonus Points or alter the level of spend required to accumulate Points and/or Rewards, whether temporarily or permanently, at its sole discretion. Current Terms can be viewed on the website, so it is recommended that you check these periodically. Continuing to use your Card after changes to the Terms are made is deemed acceptance of those changes.
15. From time to time Whitcoulls may provide Members with additional offers or promotions in connection with the Card (‘Promotions’). These Terms shall apply to such Promotions in addition to any specific terms accompanying such Promotions. In the event of any inconsistency, the specific terms of the Promotion shall apply.
16. The Loyalty Programme may be terminated at any time without notice to you. In the event the Loyalty Programme is terminated, Whitcoulls reserves the right to cancel all Points accrued by you. However, any Rewards that have been credited to your Card prior to the date of termination will continue to be valid for the lesser of the period of 8 weeks after the date they were credited to your Card and any other period notified by Whitcoulls at the time of termination.
17. Whitcoulls may revoke your Membership at any time without notice and for any reason (including but not limited to fraudulent use of the Card or behaviour which, in the view of Whitcoulls, is not acceptable). In the event your Membership is revoked, all accrued Points and Rewards will expire from the date of revocation and you will have no further entitlement in respect of the Loyalty Programme.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Whitcoulls (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Loyalty Programme or any Membership, including but not limited to, where arising out of: (a) any technical difficulties, network failures, virus or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Whitcoulls’ control); (b) any loss, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with or of Points, Rewards, or the Card; (c) any Points or Rewards that are not properly recorded against a member’s Card; (d) participation in, or termination of, the Loyalty Programme.
20. Whitcoulls employees or employees of their partner organisations are eligible to participate in the Loyalty Program however rewards points cannot be earned in any instance where staff discount has been redeemed.
21. Should you wish to leave the Whitcoulls Rewards Programme at any time, visit your local Whitcoulls, return your Rewards card and ask them to deactivate your account. You are free to leave the Whitcoulls Rewards Programme at any time.
22. “Whitcoulls” means Whitcoulls 2011 Limited. You can contact Whitcoulls via our Contact Us page on this website or by telephone on 0800 904 584.
23. Qualifying products and Categories: You will earn points on purchases of all products excluding Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps and gift card purchases.
24. The $5 Rewards cannot be used for the purchase of Lotto, prepaid envelopes, stamps, gift cards and is not redeemable for cash.
Whitcoulls Rewards Monthly Prize Draw - Terms & Conditions
Method of Entry
Prize and Prize Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.