This title is a Joan's Pick.
An exceptional novel about one man's entire life in a multi layered, generational epic which I adored. It's about Cyril Avery, born out of wedlock in a miserable, intolerant Ireland; and it's about his life with adoptive parents who never considered him as one of their own, and his birth mother who was shunned by her family. But it's also about much more than that. I reckon John Boyne is a really angry man, railing against the injustice, misogyny, homophobia and misery of his country's history, and in the process delivering a simply wonderful story. I absolutely loved it. Joan.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Publication Date: 04/01/2018
- Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
- Country of Origin: United Kingdom
- Pages: 736
- Dimensions (mm): 198x127x32mm
- Weight: 492g